MARTA Centre in collaboration with leading partner NGO VAITER (Estonia) is participating in a project “Raising the awareness of Estonian specialists about domestic violence” (Project nr: 2014-2021.1.05.20-0029; duration: 01.09.2021 - 28.02.2023). The aim of the project is to reduce domestic violence and gender-based violence in Estonian society and to raise awareness of professionals about domestic and gender-based violence.
Results achieved through project activities:
- training in total at least 310 professionals who become more aware of domestic and gender-based violence and its causes, consequences, possibilities for assistance, prevention of re-victimization and ways to enhance inter-agency cooperation, in particular:
- in total at least 60 specialists (at least 30 specialists in one group) are trained twice within the 36 a/h training program in two regions of Estonia (Northern Estonia and Southern Estonia);
- 10 times there will be 6 a/h training days in six Estonian regions (Northern Estonia, Southern Estonia, Eastern Estonia, Western Estonia, Central Estonia, islands Saaremaa-Hiiumaa) in total at least 250 specialists will be trained (at least 25 specialists in a group);
- MARTA Centre will develop training materials, taking into account the needs of the target groups, which have been identified and specified in advance. The developed training materials will be tested 12 times in six Estonian regions within the trainings of this project (10 + 2 trainings, two training programs) and the materials will be adapted by the expert group on the basis of feedback from trainers and training groups;
- MARTA Centre in collaboration with Estonian experts will develop two training programs (6 a/h training and 36 a/h training), taking into account the needs of the target groups, which have been identified and specified in advance. The training programs will be tested in six Estonian regions within the framework of this project, and the training programs will be approved by the end of the project on the basis of feedback from trainers and training groups by an expert group.
2014-2021.1.5 Program „Local Development and Poverty Reduction“ (EE-LOCALDEV)
Contact person for expert partner:
NGO VAITER, member of the board
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Contact person for MARTA Centre:
Specialists team coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
A panel discussion organized by MARTA took place at the NGO Forum and Civil Society Meeting in New York last week. The NGO forum took place from March 5-17 in parallel with the meeting of the 67th UN Commission on the Status of Women. At this event, the MARTA Center provided a safe space to hear the empowering stories of activists and...2023. gada 22. marts Read more
The Erasmus+ “Heartland” Project has come to a close. "Heartland" was a unique initiative that combines outdoor experiential education, cultural mediation and mindfulness with art expression to help professionals build resilience and overcome challenges in their personal and professional lives. “Youth workers and...2023. gada 20. marts Read more